Friday, August 20, 2010

Ok it's now Friday. I called the galvanisers last night to check that the order would be complete and ready for collection this morning. A manager came on the phone and assured me that this was so.

I towed the bare chassis down there this morning (it's about a half hour drive) and duly paid them for the work they had done. When I went into the yard to collect my steelwork, first, they couldn't find it. When they finally did, they had only galvanised the chassis parts, but not the main decks. Not happy is an understatement. They have now assured me again that they will be done today and ready to be collected tomorrow.

So while i was there, I assembled the chassis parts (crossmembers) onto the chassis, added the light board, and towed it home.

The quality of the galvanised parts I have is really good, the quality of service I have experienced though, is not. In case anybody is reading this and wondering who I'm talking about, it's Cardiff Galvanising. I'm sure they are wonderful to their regular, high volume customers. My order just isn't big enough to be important.

Again, maybe tomorrow???

No comments:

Post a Comment