Monday, June 7, 2010

Here's how it's looking at the moment:
I'm fast running out of camera angles!

There's one more crossmember to fit, right at the front. Once that's on I'll lay the steel deck on and make the necessary cut outs for them to fit around the wheels. I have placed an order for the odd pieces of steel plate I need to fabricate the mudguards and should get them done this week. I'll explain it all with pictures as I make them.

Time for another of my famous lists...

1. Fit forward crossmember
2. Lay on Steel decking and cut out to fit round wheels.
3. Mark out and drill decking to alow it to be bolted on.
4. Fabricate mudguards, weld on to decks.
5. Weld on angle strips to stiffen decks.
6. Drill and fit brake rod suport and light board.
7. Fabricate rear ramps.
8. Dismantle everything and send for galvanising.
9. Re-assemble using ny-loc fasteners once galvanised.
10. Cut and fit plywood to fit down the centre
11. Replace tyres, test tow.

Wow, that list looked much smaller in my head. Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment