Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The steel was delivered on time yesterday, and I laid out a few pieces of the box section on the chassis so i could actually see what I had been trying to visualize. they fit pretty well.

The main deck, the 3mm plate, had to be cut in 2 sections per side as the steel stockist doesn't carry any plate 13' long, so I'll weld it together before fitting it.

I'm going to make the deck the full width of the crossmembers (6'6") so I'll have to make cutouts from them where they have to go round the wheels. Above these I'm going to fabricate mudguards from more 3mm plate, and welded to the deck so they will be strong enough to be driven over, to allow me to use the full width of the trailer.

I've taken a few pics and will hopefully post them up this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment